FORT receives excellent ratings of Chambers 2020
The Chambers Global Guide is a prestigious guide into the vast world of law firms where the law firms and legal counsels from all over the world are evaluated and compared. The evaluation is also provided on the regional level.
This year FORT has repeatedly gained international recognition in both global ratings of Chambers Global and European ratings of Chambers Europe.
Chambers Global or the overall rating has recognized FORT Latvian office as one of the top law firms in two areas – corporate law and commercial law, and dispute resolution; whereas FORT Estonian office has earned recognition in the corporate law and commercial law.
Accomplishments of Ramona Miglāne (LV), Minni-Triin Park (EE), and Kuldar-Jaan Torokoff (EE) have earned individual recognition in the corporate law and commercial law, whereas Sandis Bērtaitis (LV) has been recognized for his achievements in dispute resolution.
Chambers Europe has bestowed even higher ratings on all Baltic offices of FORT. In general, FORT, as an alliance of all three law firms, has been rated in the corporate law and commercial law on a pan-Baltic level. According to individual evaluation among the countries, FORT Estonian office has gained recognition in six categories of law, FORT Latvian office – in four, whereas FORT Lithuanian office – in one.
The Estonian office can boast about recognition in the following practices:
- corporate law / commercial law,
- banking and finance law;
- dispute resolution;
- labour law;
- real estate transactions;
- competition law.
FORT Latvian office has been recognized for its achievements in the corporate law and banking and finance law, second tier – dispute resolution, and outstanding performance – first tier rating – in real estate transactions. In its turn, FORT Lithuanian office has gained recognition in real estate transactions.
13 attorneys of FORT have been assessed for their individual achievements altogether, and some of them have been recognized in several practice areas:
- Banking and finance law: Kirsti Pent (EE), Ramona Miglāne (LV)
- Competition law: Rene Frolov (EE)
- Corporate law and commercial law: Minni-Triin Park (EE), Kuldar-Jaan Torokoff (EE), Ramona Miglāne (LV), Mindaugas Žolynas (LT)
- Dispute resolution: Andreas Veeret (EE), Sandis Bērtaitis (LV)
- Labour law: Kirsti Pent (EE)
- Intellectual property law: Ieva Judinska-Bandeniece (LV)
- Real estate transactions: Minni-Triin Park (EE), Sandis Bērtaitis (LV), Jānis Līkops (LV), Roberts Prūsis (LV), Rūta Radzēvičūte-Meizeraite (LT)
More detailed information about accomplishments of FORT is available here: https://chambers.com