Arturs joined FORT shortly after its foundation. Since the beginning Arturs has provided support to the FORT energy and environmental law team in various cases. In addition to the energy and environmental law Arturs is engaged in several other practice areas, including dispute management.
Arturs has successfully completed studies and achieved highest academic degree in law, i.e. Dr.iur. (Doctor iuris). His research and educational activities are focused on the issues of constitutional law. Within the practice in FORT Arturs is also dealing with assignments related with the constitutional law and is providing support in constitutional proceedings.
2014 – until now
Adviser on legal and public relations matters to the Latvian Trade Union of Psychologists
2011 -until now
Associate at Law Firm FORT (previously Law Firm ADVERSUS)
2010 -until now
Adviser on legal matters to the Baltic Psychologist Association
Junior Associate at Law Firm APbirojs
- University of Latvia, Latvia (PhD)
- University of Latvia, Latvia (LLM)
- University of Latvia, Latvia (LLB)
Latvian, English, Russian
- Brikmane E. Members of the Parliament and Political Responsibility. Discussion about theory, regulations and practice [interview with Artūrs Caics]. LV Portāls, 21.07.2016;
- Bertaitis S., Caics A. Constitutional court proceedings regarding new subsidized energy tax in Latvia. In: CEE Legal Matters, Issue 1, 02.2015, p.76;
- Caics A. Political Responsibility as a Phenomenon of the Legal Culture. In: Papers of the 5th International Scientific Conference of the University of Latvia “Jurisprudence and Culture: Past Lessons and Future Challenges”. Rīga: LU Akadēmiskais apgāds, 2014, p. 92.-101;
- Bertaitis S., Caics A.: Legal Aspects of the Energy Production Support System. Jurista Vārds, 07.2014, p.16-23;
- Caics A. Concept of Political Responsibility in the practice of the Constitutional Court of Latvia. In: University „Turība” Conference Papers: XV International Scientific Conference “10 Years in the European Union – Achievements, Problems and Expectations”, 2014, p.142-153;
- Caics A. The Concept of Political Responsibility in the Latvian Legal System. In: Vilnius University Faculty of Law Conference Papers: International Conference of PhD Students and Young Researchers „Integrating Social Sciences into Legal Research”, 2014,,p.93-103;
- Caics A. Few Comments on the Article 2 of the Constitution of Latvia (Satversme). In: Theoretical and Practical Issues of the Legal Science. Conference Papers: III Conference of the PhD Students and PhD Candidates of Legal Science. Rīga: LU Akadēmiskais apgāds, 2012, p.173.-184;
- Caics A., Political Liability as Foundation of State Ruled by Law, In: Legal Grounds of Innovations: Selected Articles of 70th Anniversary Conference of the University of Latvia. Riga: LU Akadēmiskais apgāds, 2012, p. 340-351;
- Caics A., Legal Framework of the Notion of Political Liability, Jurista Vārds No 45, 08.11.2011, p. 10-15;
- Caics A., Positive and Negative Political Liability, Jurista Vārds No 39, 27.09.2011, p. 16-22;
- Caics A., Political Liability (Elements forming the Notion, General Remarks and Terminology), Jurista Vārds No 37, 13.09.2011, p. 6-14.