Of counsel, Attorney at Law
tel +371 6770 4080
gsm +371 2913 1949
Law firm FORT provides assistance to clients in cooperation with one of the leading Latvian litigators – Edgars Briedis, Attorneys-at-Law.
Previously Edgars has worked for one of the leading Latvian law firm, he has more than 10 years of successful experience with the most complicated court cases.
Edgars has given lectures at the Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia, he is the author of number of publications that are highly appreciated among professionals and references to which are made not only in a doctor thesis and books, but also in court judgments, including judgements of the Constitutional Court. Currently several publications are included in the reading lists of the courses organized by in the Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia. In addition, Edgars has prepared a chapter about Latvia for “Encyclopaedia of International Commercial Litigation” that is published by Kluwer Law International.
Edgars provides legal assistance not only to banks, airlines and electronic mass media, but also to natural persons – Edgars believes that, if you can, you must help in fighting with injustice in our everyday life.
2013 – until now
Of counsel / Attorney-at-law at Law Firm FORT (previously Law Firm ADVERSUS)
Individually practicing Attorney-at-law
Senior Associate / Attorney-at-law at Law Firm SORAINEN
Assistant Attorney-at-Law at Law Firm SORAINEN
Associate at Law Firm SORAINEN
Lecturer at Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia (Course History of Latvian Law)
Associate at Law Firm SORAINEN
Lawyer at Andris Rukmanis’ Law Firm
- University of Latvia, Latvia (LLB)
- University of Latvia, Latvia (LLM)
- University of Turku, Finland (student exchange program)
- University of Essex, Faculty of Law, United Kingdom (LLM, with distinction in European Union Law)
- Latvian Bar Association
Latvian, English, Russian
- Briedis E., Koskins E. Latvia. Encyclopedia of International Commercial Litigation.
- Briedis E. About additions to the claim from the view of Civil Procedure Law articles 36. and 418. Jurista Vards, 02/2013;
- Briedis E. Hypothesis of legal rule determines content of ground of claim. Jurista Vards, 12/2012;
- Briedis E. About principle of double punishment prohibition. iFinanses, 2/2011;
- Briedis E. The problems regarding application of preliminary injunction. Jurista Vards, 11/2010;
- Briedis E. Ritual actions or mythological elements in today’s lawyer’s work. www.db.lv, 9/2009;
- Briedis E. About lifting of a preliminary injunction. Jurista Vards, 5/2009;
- Briedis E. About grounds for application of preliminary injunction. Jurista Vards, 4/2008;
- Briedis E. Acceptance of jurisdiction of European Union Court of Justice in Latvia. Latvijas Ekonomists, 6/2007;
- Briedis E. What are the unfair agreement terms? Saldo, 4/2007;
- Briedis E. Force majeure or superior force in contractual relationships. LTRK zinas, 3/2007;
- Briedis E. Legal constituting of Latvian nation. Jurista Vards, 12/2005;
- Briedis E. Collapse of socialism: the political and legal consequences. Jurista Vards, 10/2005;
- Briedis E. The collapse of the Soviet totalitarian society. Jurista Vārds, 6/2005;
- Briedis E. About legal capacity and capacity to act in the field of administrative law. Jurista Vards, 10/2004;
- Briedis E. Real estate as a spouse’s separate property. (Part 2) Jurista Vards, 6/2002;
- Briedis E. Real estate as a spouse’s separate property. (Part 1) Jurista Vards, 5/2002.