Dr. Gytis Kuncevičius
tel +370 5 250 6141
gsm +370 662 51004
Gytis specializes in areas of financial service (consumer credit, car leasing) regulatory compliance, employment, tax and administrative disputes and has 5 years of experience working in a law firm focusing on business clients. Gytis has exceptional competence in various complicated regulatory compliance matters related to business, management in pre-court proceedings and administrative disputes with the state or municipality institutions.
- Assisted clients on various car lease and financial lease matters. Gytis represented the clients during court proceedings regarding seizure of assets of the clients, worked with car leasing and financial leasing service providers on drafting and improving their products designated to the Lithuanian market.
- Advises clients on complex regulatory compliance matters with respect to financial products. Gytis provided legal advice and prepared documents on introduction of a new product in the Lithuanian market – car financial leasing. This product opened up the opportunities for more flexible funding than the one under the regulatory of consumer credit and has allowed to expand range and scope of customer services for the clients.
- Advises and represents clients on their entry with the public list of consumer credit providers by preparing and coordinating the documents on consumer credit provision with the supervisory authority (the Bank of Lithuania).
- Advises clients on complex labour law (employment) matters, prepares local regulatory acts that meet business clients’ needs. Gytis advised, drafted and coordinated processes of transfer of human resources during reorganisation of several major companies having over 400 employees as well as during reallocation of the business place of the production company (Elmoris).
- Represents the clients with the state and local governmental institutions on various matters related to issue of permits and licences for activities, taxes, planned and unplanned environmental protection inspections, imposition of economic sanctions.
- Prepares requests for obtaining the official explanations and approvals required from the state and local governmental institutions in order to mitigate business risks and help on decision-making, participates in negotiations with state and local government institutions on conclusion of compromise peace agreements in administrative disputes, prepares drafts of peace compromise agreements.
2014 – until now
Attorney-at-law, Law Office FORT
2008 – until now
Member, Lithuanian Bar Attorney Qualification Examination Commission
2003 – 2005
Investigator, Financial Crime Investigation Service of the Republic of Lithuania
Doctor of laws, Phd in Administrative law, Mykolas Romeris university (Vilnius)
Centre de Recherches Administratives Aix-Marseille III – Université Paul Cézanne (France), Erasmus exchange studies
2006 – 2007
Internships at Université de Caen Basse Normandie (France)
Master’s degree in Administrative law, Mykolas Romeris University (Vilnius)
Bachelor’s degree in Law, Mykolas Romeris University (Vilnius)
Lithuanian Bar Association
Lithuanian, French, English, Russian
2013 – until now
Member of various working groups for drafting laws related to administrative law, appointed by the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania
2006 – until now
Training on Administrative law and procedure for judges, public servants, in-house lawyers of the companies and attorneys-at-law
2005 – until now
Lecturer of Administrative Law, Administrative Procedure Law, Law on Public Administration Acts and Administrative Agreements, Mykolas Riomeris University (Vilnius