Banking & Finance, Insurance
We advise credit institutions, paying agents, insurance companies and intermediaries as well as other financial institutions in regulatory issues, including proceedings carried out by the Financial Supervision Authority. Our attorneys assist investors, lenders and borrowers in financing transactions with credit institutions, and policy holders, insurance companies and brokers in negotiating and concluding agreements.
Our attorneys advise on regular basis different financial institutions, including credit institutions, investment firms (broker and dealers), asset managers and investment funds as well as payment institutions on licensing and wide scope of other financial regulatory issues (e.g. prudential, fit & proper and business conduct issues).
In tight integration with our mergers & acquisitions and real estate advisory work, our attorneys consult clients in acquisition financing, incl. advising on refinancing structures, distressed financing, different loan facilities, use of senior and junior financing, as well as negotiating and drafting relevant financing documentation.
Our attorneys actively participate in developing and drafting of financial regulations.
IFLR 1000, the guide to the world’s leading financial and corporate law firms, ranks our practice among the leading firms in the region. Despite being a young firm it has already impressed clients. “They carefully listen, understand our needs and protect our interests by offering realistic legal support and giving practical advice,” says one. “We as a client feel that each of our assignments is a priority for the lawyer.”
“With respect to Sandis Bertaitis we can say that his activities are really constructive and target oriented, it is saving our time and the cost of his services is conforming to the achieved results,” says client. Janis Likops, meanwhile, is described as having a broad level of experience, which allows him to “point out different angles and issues” which may arise.
- Corporate trust structure for issuing structured bonds
- Assisting EuroEnergy Biogas daughter companies in obtaining a loan and credit line (more than 11 mEUR) for expanding several production companies situated in Latvia, as well as acquiring agriculture land plots
- Representing EcoGen in dispute with insurance company JSC Seesam which refuses to pay the insurance indemnity in relation with insured biogas plant design works
- Assistance in acquisition of Zemgale Energy Park, including drafting of warranty, pledge and mortgage agreements
- Assisting Capital Mill OÜ in refinancing of existing debt liabilities of SIA Valdemāra Centrs (previous creditor – Nordea, new creditor – SEB). The refinancing inter alia required provision of cross-border guarantees
- Represented over 180 clients of AB SNORAS bank in bankruptcy, (approx. 100 with our help satisfied their claims from insurance premiums), value of this matter (to our clients): approx. 22 mEUR
- Our lawyers reviewed, amended and negotiated complex agreements with SEB bank, including credit agreement for 4.4 mEUR, financial derivatives agreement, guarantees and several other banking agreements related to the transaction. We have also drafted and negotiated intragroup loan agreement of 3.9 mEUR
- Advised local fund management company (UAB Novus Asset Management) on legal aspects of transformation of subordinated shareholder loan into company‘s capital, represented the company in relations with supervising authority (the Bank of Lithuania) and coordinated the process
- Successfully led negotiations with the bank to postpone initiation of the bankruptcy case for the client’s subsidiary
- Representing appr. 25 of former clients of AB Ūkio bankas in bankruptcy proceedings