Insolvency & Restructuring
We are experienced in assisting clients in all aspects of financial and operational reorganization and insolvency matters. Most restructuring engagements are highly complex and require a significant amount of creativity. Our team has excelled repeatedly on such occasions.
Senior associate Andreas Veeret was acknowledged by Best Lawyers’ 2013 in the area of insolvency and reorganization.
- Partner Kuldar-Jaan Torokoff, as a member of the Expert Commission on Insolvency Law within the Ministry of Justice, participates in drafting of amendments to relevant legislation
- Structured buy-out of distressed assets by MariComp Eesti from Nordea for setting up of metal producing operations in Paljassaare, Estonia
- Representation of the interests of over 180 foreign medium and large business clients in unprecedented scale bankruptcy procedure of the Lithuanian bank – AB bank SNORAS
- Representation of Italian company COMPAGNIA AUTOTRANSPORTI LIRI – C.A.L. – S.R.L and an Italian businessman in the bankruptcy proceedings, the amount of claim LTL 6.6 million
- Representation of Dutch investor, who was a financing party in the real estate development project in Lithuania, in bankruptcy proceedings of the special purpose vehicle that was acting as developer of the project (value approx. 3.9 mEUR)
- Representation of Bambona, East Capital, Skinest Energia, Viru Keskus and a number of other clients in various debt restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings against their debtors