Tax and Customs
Our attorneys advise clients on tax issues with regard to efficient structuring of investments and acquisitions, as well as assist in setting-up relevant (offshore) holding structures.
SELECTION OF EXPERIENCE
- Clients include MariComp, Capital Mill
- In relation with developing the legal framework for private equity/venture capital fund industry, our attorneys are actively involved in creating a legal framework for genuine pass-through taxation regime for investment funds in Estonia (including proposing “check-the-box” regime)
- Prepared the feasibility study for a possible restructuring of the personal company which owns number of real estate objects and runs a transport business in order to manage risks as under Lithuanian legal acts a personal company is of unlimited liability
- Prepared a tax scheme for SIA Post-Nevada, part of Ritzio entertainment group, applicable to the legal person performing business activities in Lithuania, including specific taxes applicable to gambling, analysis of applicable taxes related to purchase of gambling machines and other equipment from EU countries and Eastern Europe
- Advised a number of the shareholders on sophisticated personal income tax issues arising in the process of sale of shares